Student groups

All student groups must source commercial and consumer products bearing any UC Davis trademark through a licensed vendor. Commercial and consumer products include goods for resale or to be given away. Commercial use is only permitted by license or authorization from UC Davis.

As mentioned above, items used for promotional purposes (giveaways, premiums, etc.) are considered commercial, but may be eligible for a royalty exemption if offered to an internal campus audience. Written requests for royalty exemptions from the respective campus department or group will be reviewed by the UC Davis Trademark Licensing office. Please do not assume, however, that products manufactured for a campus department or groups automatically qualify for a royalty exemption. All products are royalty bearing unless a completed royalty exemption form has been signed by a representative of the UC Davis Trademarks and Licensing office.

How To Get Merchandise Produced & Approved

If you are considering having emblematic products produced for fund raising or your own group’s use, contact Trademark Licensing for information. Trademark Licensing can provide you with lists of licensed manufacturers, screen printers or local retailers, and assist you in planning your products, graphic designs, and distribution channels.

Feel free to contact us for further assistance.